Monday, January 17, 2011

Salad Dressing: Orange Salad Dressing

I have been all about making my own salad dressing lately. I just haven't been too crazy about the amount of stuff (preservations especially) that go into a bottle of salad dressing, and I'm not all that thrilled about paying lots of money for organic salad dressing. So, I have been making my own salad dressing.

Don't get the wrong - I definitely did not make a New Years resolution to eat healthier.

I have just been making my own salad dressing.

And, I have been hoarding the posts with salad dressing in them. I will post them throughout this week starting today with a recipe from Pioneer Woman. I'm calling it "Orange Salad Dressing" not because there is actually anything orange flavored in it but because it is orange colored.



Taken from Pioneer Woman
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus refrigeration overnight)
12 servings

3/4 C olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp sugar
Paprika, a dash
1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
    Place all ingredients into a jar. Shake it up and store in the fridge at least 24 hours before serving.
    Serve on a green salad. Also works well on pasta salad.


    My Notes:
    This was super easy to make and kept well in the refrigerator.  It was flavorful and not too oily. I will make this again.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment