Monday, November 8, 2010

Twice Baked Potato

I'm not all that great at side dishes. I tend to make the same simple things again and again. This happens to be one of those stand-by recipes. What I really like about this recipe is that it is easy enough to make for a quick weeknight dinner but also fancy enough to impress company. I made it for Christmas one year. My dad is still talking about it.

 
Stuffed Potatoes
from Rachael Ray

4 slices bacon, chopped
2 baking potatoes
1/2 C sour cream
2 green onions, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 C shredded cheddar cheese

Bake potatoes in microwave until soft.

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside.

Preheat broiler.

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop inside into bowl. Reserve skins.
Combine potatoes with sour cream, green onions, salt, pepper, cheese, and bacon.

Scoop filling back into skins.

Place under broiler to brown tops.

My Notes:
These freeze really well. I usually make a double batch and stash a few in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment