Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 34: BBQ Meatballs

I'm pretty die-hard about in my thinking about meatballs. Italian meatballs are the only real meatballs. Don't get me wrong - I'll eat Swedish meatballs or BBQ meatballs, but I firmly believe that Italian meatballs are the best. Nevertheless, I tried this recipe.

BBQ Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 6



FOR MEATBALLS
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 C oats
1 C milk
3 Tbsp finely minced onion
1 1/2 tsp salt
Ground black pepper, to taste

FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
1 C flour (coating for frozen meatballs)
Canola Oil

FOR SAUCE
1 C ketchup
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire
4 Tbsp finely minced onion
1 dash Tabasco

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.

After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.

Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.



Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty French bread.





My notes:
We had this as a main dish, but it would make a great appetizer. I never know what to take to a party and am glad to have this new idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment