Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 44: Guacamole

I don't like avocado. I'm not a big fan of cilantro. Therefore, I don't like guacamole. I do like this guacamole, though. It's really much more like pico de gallo than guacamole. And, since I'm the boss of this recipe I just leave out the cilantro. YUM!

Barb's Guacamole
Adapted from Pioneer Woman Cooks

1 yellow onion
4 Roma tomatoes
1 jalapenos
1 limes
Salt
2 avocados
Chips

Dice onion and tomatoes (equal amounts of each).

Slice jalapeno in half, scrape out seeds, and dice very finely.

Dump all ingredients together. Add juice of 1/2 lime.

Sprinkle with salt and stir together until combined.

Half the avocados lengthwise. Remove the pit and scoop out into a large pile.


Sprinkle salt and mash avocados with a fork.

Add avocado to pico de gallo and stir together. Add juice of remaining 1/2 lime and additional salt to taste.



My notes:
This gets a little bit watery - especially with ripe tomatoes. Adjust the amount of lime juice to keep it a little on the thick side. Also, this doesn't really keep at all. It is best eaten right away.

3 comments:

  1. I bet if you just diced the avacado it wouldn't get so mushy. That's how I do it anyways. I love avacado in my pico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m not a guacamole fan either, but MAYBE I'll need to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Felicia. I hadn't thought of just dicing the avocado.

    And, Jill. You do need to try it!

    ReplyDelete