Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
From: Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Calories: 302 Points: 5.5 pts
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dries basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti (I used Walmart's Great Value Brand. It's really good!)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese.
My Notes: I really liked this. It's a nice light, summery type dish, which works well with a salad and some crusty bread. My husband didn't think the sauce was hefty enough, but I think that's the idea. I will definitely make this again, preferably with some fresh basil and tomatoes from the farmers market next summer!